Saturday, June 1, 2013

I am living a wonderful experience and I will share my background in this new country. I  arrived in Morgantown on may 18th , 2013. After a selective process in Brazil, I came to Morgantown to continuous my Chemical Engineering under graduation here. The challenges started in the airport where I needed, for the first time, to communicate in English.
The difficulties with the new language, different foods, different culture...I will list some differences that I found.
First of all, people here are less friendly! Brazilians talk more and  are more receptive. For while, I have just foreigner friends here, because Americans do not talk a lot. Other difference I found, the food. Americans have different food habits. They usually in breakfast eat heavy foods, such as bacon, eggs, sandwich. I got impressed when I saw a child eating sandwich and coca cola in the breakfast!
In Brail, we usually eat bread, cheese, coffee, milk, fruits, and others good foods!
In the lunch, we usually eat rice, beans, same kind of meat, and salad. Here I am not sure what is the base food because each day it has a different type of food.

No comments:

Post a Comment